Key Points of a Proposed Congressional Reform Act
- No Tenure / No Pension
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current ‘Golden’ health care system.
They can participate in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/2018.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves.
The concept of a career politician would have the founders spinning in their graves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
- If you disagree, then you probably have a vested interest.
- If you agree, you are not alone.
- If you agree and do or say nothing, welcome to the herd.
Related Articles: A De-evolution of Leadership
And that’s the view from Egg Manor,
(with a bit of help from and credit to Warren Buffett)